It’s time that you say goodbye to that expensive gym membership (Yes, we know that you don’t go or you won’t be reading this). There can be various ways to get fit and lose weight. You can easily be fit without running on the treadmill for hours or lifting those heave weights. There are so many fun things to do where you shed those extra kilos while you get to do a fun activity. So, here is the list of fun alternatives of the basic gym that you can include in your life
- Trekking – If you consider yourself an explorer who loves to go travel, discover and has a lust for mountains and nature, then trekking is a perfect way to remain fit and even lose weight. Trekking is an arduous but fun way to get fit. So, let your inner Chris Burkard out and go for a backpacking whenever you get a chance.
- Zumba – Zumba was founded in the mid-1990s by Perez in Columbia. Zumba is a mix of Dance and Aerobics performed on highly energetic version. It helps lose weight and is great for improving posture and boosting confidence.
- Cycling – This is one exercise which can be included in your daily routine. Cycling is a great way to improve posture, coordination and strengthen bones. It decreases fat levels and if done regularly, it’s a great way to stay fit and lose weight.
- Kickboxing – Kickboxing is a combat sport and an ideal cross-training workout. It’s a blend of karate and boxing. Kickboxing is not only is a great way to stay fit but is also a self-defense technique. It is also useful is decreasing stress levels and increasing self-confidence.
- Swimming – Swimming is one of the most popular sports when it comes to being fit. It’s not just fun but also a great cardio-vascular exercise. Also, it’s a great way to cool down in the scorching heat.
- Power Yoga – An intense version of the traditional Yoga, power-yoga is a very beneficial form of yoga that helps remain fit. It works on the core and streamlines your body. Power Yoga also helps in calming down and decreases anxiety.
- Horse Riding – Riding a large and powerful animal with a mind and an agenda of its own is not as simple as it looks. Riding is a powerful way to strengthen mentally and physically. Riders have to maintain a certain position while riding which gives them a great posture. Horse riding focuses not only on core strength but also muscle tone and flexibility.
- Fitness Video Games – There are a lot of fitness games available which can be a fun alternative of the gym. In these games instead of using your thumbs and fingers you use your entire body. It is a lot of fun and helps you get fit.
- Pilates – Series of movements which stabilise and strengthen your core. The exercise involves very specific and certain movements which increases flexibility and joint mobility. If mainly focuses on core strength.