There is nothing better than an old-school cozy bakery. The smell of freshly baked muffins, the sight of fine sugar being sprinkled on cakes, the patissier scrupulously slicing the soft truffles. The mere thought of a snuggly bakery makes us all drool. So, here is a list of the finest bakeries that the capital has to offer
- The Artful Baker, Khan Market – Snuggled in one of the most ‘La-di-da’ markets of Delhi, The Artful Baker is a cozy little patisserie in Khan Market. A little challenging to spot, it’s a heaven for people who have a sweet-tooth. They offer a wide range of cakes, breads and beverages.
- Wenger’s, CP – There is barely anyone who has not heard about this popular bakery. The options they have of cakes and baked products are endless. You’ll find yourself confused deciding what to have once you enter Wenger’s. Located in Connaught Place, the historic bakery very easily makes it to the ‘Classics’ of Delhi.
- L’Opera, Khan Market – The dearth of French pastry shops in the city is dashed by L’Opera. Owned by a French Family and popular for its croissants and macaroons, the bakery is said to be very similar to an authentic French patisserie. L’Opera can be located at various parts of Delhi, Khan Market being one of the most popular.
- Theobroma – ‘Food of the Gods’. If you sit and try the food at Theobroma, you’ll find yourself wondering how accurate the claim is. Offering a wide range of cakes, brownies, breads, Viennoiseries & savouries, Theobroma has much more to offer than just satisfaction to your palate. Go there and find out yourself.
- Defence Bakery – The bread we need is the bread they kneed. Defence bakery is one of the oldest bakeries in the city. The prices are similar to most of the good bakeries. So, if you are looking for some divine baked products, this place is perfect to go. Committed to customer satisfaction, one barely leaves the place disappointed.
- The Oberoi Patisserie & Delicatessen, The Oberoi Gurugram – This Patisserie is the finest and considered a flawless abode of luxury and sweetness. The ambience is a sight for the sore eyes. From soft leather chairs to a serene pool view, The Oberoi Patisserie & Delicatessen has got it all. But we wonder if your eyes will get off from the exquisite sight of cakes and pastries gleaming from the shiny glass.
- The Big Chill Cakery, Khan Market – Big Chill is one of the few places that Delhiites put under the ‘Cannot go wrong’ list and The Big Chill Cakery is no exception. Offering a long menu of the finest cakes, puddings and ice-creams, it is the perfect bakery to have a good time.
- Angels in my kitchen, Gurugram – If you have a thing for endearing settings, then this place should be on your list of whereabouts. Located in DLF Cyber Hub in Gurugram, Angels in my Kitchen offers some of the most enticing cakes and baked products. Very popular among the young crowd, this bakery will surely leave your palate and your eyes feeling satisfied.